Handle Success peek Thailand In Tourism Sector
Garundang.com–Who does not know Thailand, the country number two rice exporter after India Most serious diduna based FAO publication Volume XVIII Issue No. 2, July 2015, for over a decade the country has always been active export of rice to various parts of the world.
But not many people know that in addition to agriculture, tourism also generates huge foreign exchange for the country. As recently reported by the kompas travel. Based on data released by the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) through its report on “Asia Pacific Visitor Arrival Forecasts 2014-2018”, said foreign tourists visiting Thailand in 2013 as many as 26.5 million people. While in 2016 the last foreign tourists visiting Thailand reached 32.58 million foreign tourists. In other words, equal to 3 years running foreign tourists visiting Thailand increased by 6 million people.
This figure would have been very fantastic when compared to countries of the region (ASEAN), which generally number of foreign tourists visiting their country dibilangan more or less the same as the previous year.
According to the Minister of Tourism and Sports of Thailand Kobkam Wattanav, Thailand’s success in bringing foreign tourists to the country they can not be separated from the role of government and society in general, so that the programs launched by the government successfully realized in real action.
The government programs are successfully realized, among others:
1. Through the declaration of sport tourism, through this declaration between the government and society, they managed to host the drum band, sepak takraw, and other sports competitions Asian level, a minimum of Southeast Asia.
2. The commitment of the Thai government and the people to change the image of Thailand the country formerly known as sex tourism into family travel. This positive branding also successfully realized.
3. All kinds of festivals are held consistently and it led many tourists to visit
4. Development of attractions continue to be encouraged.
5. Build new destinations that make a lot of foreign tourists to Thailand will not be bored.
6. The advanced technologies of the information presented in order to facilitate any tourist objects that exist.
7. Promotion and provision of tourist packages for tourists who want to Thailand continues to do.
8. Comfort, beauty, neatness also structuring the market, especially the market of souvenirs intensively conducted
9. Infrastructure and facilities especially in tourist areas prioritized.
In the view of Dodo Sudrajat Counselor Minister of Information and Culture of Social Relations of the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand to build the core of the success of tourism in the country they are the government’s commitment and participation of the community to develop tourism.
“If there (Thailand) that many who want to be seen and experienced. They created a lot of man made tourism,” said Dodo.
He also said that the success of Thailand brings tourists ought to be made an example, however, because Indonesia is actually also have potential even better than Thailand. However, due to lack of trying to promote sectors that are tourist land, Indonesia has not been able to bring tourists.
“Promotion of tourism it was useless to do if the infrastructure in the area is ugly,” said Dodo.
source : travel.kompas.com